727 Harvard Ave, Swarthmore, PA 19081
About our Worship Services
Please join us for worship any Sunday!
All worship services at SPC are in the Reformed tradition. The Word of God, read and proclaimed, is at the center of our worship of the Triune God. All of God’s children are welcome in every service.
Summer Schedule (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend):
Single Worship Service
10:15am in the Sanctuary
Communion served the 1st Sunday of each month
Sunday Schedule September through May:
8:00am in Loeffler Chapel Every Sunday
This 45-minute service allows worshipers to engage with scripture through guided discussion, in lieu of a sermon. Communion is served on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
Worship in the Chapel
10:15am in Loeffler Chapel Typically twice a month
Participants are invited to worship God with hands and feet, as well as words, songs and silence. Elements of worship take many forms, from art to movement to quiet contemplation. Communion is served on the 1st Sunday of each month.
10:15am in the Sanctuary Every Sunday
This service embodies a classic worship tradition. The Word is proclaimed through liturgy, song, and preaching. Music is primarily led and enhanced by robed choir and pipe organ. Communion is served on the 1st Sunday of each month.
Childcare for infants and toddlers is provided in the nursery throughout all services.
Child care for children age 3 to 5 is available in McCahan room #225 during the 10:15 services.
ADVENT & CHRISTMAS
7:00pm in Loeffler Chapel on the 4th Monday of Advent. A candlelight service of prayer and lamentation for those who find Advent and the Christmas holidays a time filled more with darkness than joy.
- Children's pageant of the nativity and carols at 4:00pm.
- Youth-led service of candlelight, lessons and carols at 8:00pm.
- Traditional candlelight service at 11:00pm preceded by special music.
To learn more about special Advent worship services, please visit our Advent Worship page.
LENT & EASTER
- Holy Week: weekday communion services are held in Loeffler Chapel; see LENT webpage for schedule.
- Maundy Thursday: A church supper -- so appropriate on the evening of the Last Supper -- is held in Fellowship Hall beginning at 6:30pm. This is followed by a Communion service (right in Fellowship Hall) at 7:30. Tenebrae (service of darkness) begins at 7:45pm in the sanctuary.
- Good Friday This year's Good Friday service, held at 7:30pm in the Sanctuary, included the music of Gabriel Faure's Requiem.
- Easter Sunday services: 7:00 am in the garden and 9:00 and 11:00am in the sanctuary.
To learn more about special Lenten opportunities, please visit our Lent Worship page.
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty firmament!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his surpassing greatness!
Psalm 150: 1-2